tirsdag 25. november 2008

Procrastination and Walls

Right. I have my exams coming up in less than two weeks and should really, really be either reading or working on my ex.paed paper. However, I find it far more amusing to be explotiting one of my few talents. Procrastination.

By the way. The guy playing the dad in the series "The War at Home" (who also played in Prison Break, not that I ever got into that show really) is a horrible actor.

A week or two go me and my girlfriend redecorated our appartment (partly because my GF loves to move furniture around, and partly to make room for the 32' TV I've been nagging about buying). This included moving the bed in our livingroom-kitchen-bedroom-open-solution to another wall so we'll be sleeping with the side towards the heater. And, to prevent the bed to catch on fire we have moved it half a meter away from the wall.

Last night, when I couldn't fall asleep because I've fucked up my sleeping pattern by staying up 'til four and sleeping to dinnertime, I came to realise how fond I am of walls. I've always slept close to the wall, mainly because I had a tiny bed when I lived at home. Even in my GF's old appartment i would lie close to the wall with her on my chest. I think there is an element of security in the wall. Maybe the fact that I have the option to have concrete behind my back helps on my paranoid-need-to-have-my-back-covered-to-prevent-me-from-being-stabbed-in-the-spine-feeling. I have a wierd relationship with walls.

Well, now there is nothing but nothingness on either side of the bed, something that I seem to find annoying. So now I am contemplating moving the heater and shoving the bed close to the wall. Shouldn't be so difficult. Only problem is that I'm way to lazy too get of my arse and actually do it. I should actually put up some lamps as well.

Oh! Will and Grace

Ingen kommentarer: